Who am I?
Once upon a time...just kidding! Well, allow me to skip the deep ontological question and break the ice by giving you the short answer, instead: you, my reader, can call me Dan.
There are mainly TWO facts I want you to know about me:
- I am an avid gamer (and a sore loser - though, only when it comes to Rocket League...I swear!)
- Self-proclaimed digital artist
- Oh, almost forgot! I am also a game developer.
Last but not least, feel free to grab a copy of my CV before scrolling further down.
The download will not work in Edge version 12, IE, Safari 10 (and earlier), or Opera version 12 (and earlier).
Please, ensure you are using the most up-to-date version of the aforementioned browsers to download the content.
Ever since I moved to Brighton in 2012, at the age of 17 and without ever having spoken English before, I have been keeping records of all the academic qualifications (however important they are) I have achieved so far. Doing so helps me push myself to the next level and keeps my motivation high. Alright, that's a half-truth...I am just a show-off, let's be honest.
Degree of Bachelor of Science
with First class Honours
Sept 2016 - Sept 2020
in Computer Science (Games)
Achievement unlocked in September 2020, at University Of Brighton, England. This is my most recent and greatest achievement yet. I am particularly proud to have completed my studies and graduated from university during the COVID world pandemic.
- Introduction to Games Development
- Introduction to Web Development
- Human Interaction
- Perspective on Computing
- Game Design Principles
- Software Development Tooling
- Intelligent Systems
- 3D graphics and animation
- Games Development
- Object oriented software architecture, design and implementation
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Integrated Group Project in Computing
- Web based game development
- The individual project
- Computer Graphics Algorithms
- 3D Dynamic Modelling
- 3D Emerging Games Technologies
- Applied Intelligent Systems
- Programming languages, concurrency and client server computing
In the academic year 2018-19 (in which it should have been my final year) I had to take a year off univerisity due to personal reasons.
Access to Higher Education Diploma (Computing)Sept 2015 - July 2016
Unlocked the following achievements in July 2016 at City College Brighton and Hove, England.
- Algebra and Graphs
- Data Collection and Analysis
- Data Structures and File Handling
- Extended Independent Academic Study (Computing)
- From Bytes to Buses
- Hardware and Software
- Introduction to Programming
- Querying and Manipulating Tables in a Database
- Selection and Repetition
- Setting Up and Populating a Set of Tables in a Database Application
Credits: D12 M15 P18
GCSESept 2014 - June 2015
- English - Grade B
- Mathematics - Grade C
Minor AchievementsFeb 2013 - July 2014
Unlocked the following achievements at City College Brighton and Hove:
- ESOL READING - LEVEL 3, July 2013
- MATHEMATICS - LEVEL 1, February 2014
- MATHEMATICS - LEVEL 2, May 2014
- Functional Skills in English - Level 2, July 2014
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (QCF), July 2014
- BTEC Level 1 Award for IT USERS (ITQ) (QCF), July 2014
High SchoolSept 2009 - Feb 2012
I attended my first 3 out of 5 years of high school at I.T.I.S Enrico Fermi High School in Frascati (RM), Italy, until I dropped out due to my family's (out of the blue) decision to move to the UK. Here I studied computer science and the fundamentals of programming. Most importantly, it was here that I developed an even stronger bond with my best friend who has had a huge impact in what would later be my decision to pursue a career in the gaming industry.
CLIP STUDIO PAINT